Friday, January 27, 2017

Light

Sitting in a dark room, I observe a single candle.  The flame dances on the wick as it burns wax, string and oxygen.  The miracle of illumination draws me in. 

From this tiny, single source, the whole room is lighted.  All eyes in the dark are drawn to light.  They must gaze upon it.  We want to see it.  We must be warmed by it. 

All portions of the room are bathed in in light.  Even the shadows bear witness to the power of the flame.  What is this mighty power I see?  The light pierces the darkness.  It would seem night would overpower the light by sheer volume.  Yet, light cannot be hidden.  It cannot be defeated.  It is no contest.  It reigns supreme.  Darkness can never overcome light. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...