Monday, March 2, 2015

30 Things About Me



In honor of my 100th blog entry

30 Things About Me

1 Born in Canton, IL
2 Youngest of 4 kids
3 Oldest brother died while an infant
4 I guess I can say it now.  I was a momma’s boy.
5 The house I grew up in was built by my parents
6 I’ve always liked learning things.  I used to look through encyclopedias just to find something interesting to read about
7 On Saturdays when I wanted to watch cartoons, my sister would make me dust the furniture
8 I come from a musical family. All of my siblings can sing well and played an instrument.  My father was a trumpet player and he and his brother had a band called the Junior Polka Dots that won second place in a national contest in Chicago.
8 I was in chorus all through school and even competed in contests.  My voice would be fine by my legs literally shook from nerves. 
9 Started running track/cross country in high school
10 Fastest 1600 4:55
11 Fastest 3200 10:46
12 Fastest 3 mile 16:46
13 Fastest 4 mile 22:48
14 Fastest 5 mile 28:46
15 Fastest 10K I don’t remember
16 Acted in high school in
17 Cheaper By The Dozen
18 Sound of Music
19 Cinderella
20 Harvey
21 Emergency appendectomy Sep 5, 1981  My mom’s birthday
22 Attended Judson College
23 Attended Manatee Community College
24 Attended University of West Georgia
25 No college degree yet
26 Age when first tried smoking, 4 or so (Will post a story about that)
27 Age when I finally drank a whole beer, 28
28 I’ve never been drunk or high
29 I don’t ever remember going through a phase where I didn’t like females.  I would pretend they have cooties but in my heart, I loved em
30 Before I met my wife, I thought love at first sight was propaganda pushed onto us by Hollywood.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...