Friday, March 20, 2015

I Believe



I believe in a God who gave us free will to do as we please.  While He wants communion with us, He will not force Himself on us.  I believe in a God who is patient with us.  He understands our frailties because He created us.  I believe in a God who is faithful to us even when we deny Him, ignore Him, and push Him away.  Despite all of our crying and moaning and blaming, He understands our nature and is willing to overlook it.  Why?  Because He loves us.  Why does He love us?  I think because He makes perfect things and He loves His creation.  It isn’t us, it is Him.  It is all about Him.  I cannot speak for anyone but me.  

For every thing that I do that I believe could merit His favor, I do 10 things that could be charged against me.  When I think I could be nearing a breakthrough, I backslide.  If I were asked to be an example for others to know what a Christian is, I shudder to think of the example I have demonstrated.  

Still, God is patient with me each time I fall and I am reminded of how much I need someone to save me.  I need someone to make up the difference of my shortcomings.  The account that I created for myself is bankrupt.  

God sent his Son to the world to take over the debt I have accumulated.  He took every time I came up short, every time I lied, cheated, or stole.  He took every imbalance of my account and paid for it.  He did it all before I had a chance to clean myself up.  Not that I could clean myself because the stench of my works hangs on me.  

But when the day of judgment comes, I will be found blameless.  Why?  Because God chose to have His Son die for me.  I choose to believe God when He says that His Son's death is enough.  He paid my debts.  Because of the fragrance of His death, the stench of my life is overcome and all the Father sees is His son.  Therefore, I am worthy.  Not because of anything I have done, but because of everything that God has done for me and because I choose to accept it and believe it.

#faith #redemption #godslove

No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...