Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Connections



I appreciate Facebook and Google+ for the ability to easily stay in touch with friends and family.  However, there is one thing I miss using these modes of communication.  I miss really connecting with people.  I mean really connecting.  Like email, much of what is posted to Facebook and Google+ is junk at worst, fluff at best. 

Please do not get me wrong, I like a good joke and I always appreciate an encouraging word.  Still, there is no real connection between me and you if all we do is share quips.  How do we share our hearts if we hide behind beautiful pictures with nice quotes?  There is no real connection. 

Before it appears I am trying to look all high and mighty, l freely say that I sometimes hide behind the veil of electronic communication.  Today we have a myriad of ways to instantly communicate with people all over the world.  Yet we don’t walk across the street to visit with our neighbor.  Yes, I’m guilty of that too.

Please hear what my heart is saying.  We have great tools for sharing our thoughts.  Communication has never been easier than now.  Please reach out to those you love and TELL THEM you love them.  Tell them with a phone call if you can’t see them face to face.  Tell them with a text or private message if you don’t have time for a personal visit or phone call.  Make real connections. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...