Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Something I have to work through



I can say that I believe that God has a plan for me for prosperity and to give me a future and a hope.  I can read about how I can go to God and He will show me great and wonderful things.  Is it enough to believe in these things?  No.  I must believe God.  I must believe that He is God and will do these things and more.  God is who He says He is.  He can do what He says He will do.  

It is easy for me to believe God’s promises for you.  I can see that He loves you and will work out your situation.  But this is me.  This is MY life and MY circumstances.  Can faith get me through MY situations?  Can He save me from the holes I’ve dug?  They are deep and the walls are high. I’m between a rock and a hard place.  Will He part the waters so I can walk through on dry land and escape the traps?  

Do I believe enough to command the mountain in MY life to be moved into the ocean and it will happen?  If He said it's possible, shouldn't I take Him at His word?  Is my lack of faith or acting on faith the reason for lack of miracles in my life?  Could there be more miracles in our world if we would act in faith in what God says he will do?   Is that what I should do for my life at this time? Should I toil my way through or do I stand back and watch and wait for a miracle?  

I’ve been lost without You, cold without Your love.  In time, will I be what You’re thinking of? Rescue me from hanging on this line.  I won’t give up on giving You a chance to blow my mind. Let the eleventh hour quickly pass me by.  I’ll find you when I think I’m out of time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...