Monday, November 24, 2014

Success is in You



I believe we are meant to succeed.  Think about when you were little.  Did you ever picture yourself in a race or in some competition?  In your mind, who was the person who won?  Was it your best friend or worst enemy?  NO!!  YOU were the person who won.  You saw yourself as the champion, the person who was acclaimed by all.  I think this points to the fact that success is in us.  Now I’m not talking about succeeding solely to feed your ego.

Don’t narrow your vision.  Our society is competition based.  If someone wins, somebody has to lose.  True, there is only one First Place in a contest.  However, every person who accomplishes a goal in the race is a winner.  As Stewart B. Johnson said, "Our business in life is not to get ahead of others, but to get ahead of ourselves— to break our own records, to outstrip our yesterday by our today."  Improve yourself and you are successful! 

#selfimprovement

No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...