Monday, November 10, 2014

God Only Knows



There's a star in the Northern Sky
and it shines
There's a wind from another world
that blows through my mind

There are stones beneath my feet
and valleys dark and wide
Though He shakens my belief
He will not be denied

There's a road up there where the eagle flies
There's a path beyond the highest hill
Oh no, I don't care how far heaven lies
I stake this life on this road I chose
God only knows
Only God really knows

There's a voice from a distant place
It calls my name
There's a hand that pulls me up
to a higher plane

There are mountains high to climb
and rivers deep to cross
Though his love may lead me blind
My soul will not be lost

Oh no, I don't care how far heaven lies
I stake my life on this road I chose
God only knows

Take me up, take me high
to the limit of the sky

© Gino Vanelli and Roy Freeland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...