Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Songs Unspoken



I've been digging through some of my old writings.  This was inspired by a solo piano piece by Douglas Trowbridge with the same title.  

Songs Unspoken

A composer writes and places
notes with a surgeon’s precision.
Each Harmony is molded with
the loving care of a mother.
There is a message to speak.
All are interwoven to sing
with songs unspoken.

The musician flows from note to note
allowing the Spirit to move in them.
Out pours a symphony of passion
that captures the listener.
Music is to be experienced, not heard.

Have you ever heard a song that moved you?  I saw a sunset tonight that was so awe inspiring.  When I saw it, I literally said out loud, "Oh God, can you see through my eyes and view the beauty You have created?"  I've never seen such striking colors.  They were sooo vivid.   While a picture would paint what I saw, music would let you experience it.  

Padre Santo, gracias por esa visión.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...