Friday, October 17, 2014

Light is Stronger Than Night



Sitting alone in a dark room, I concentrate on a single tongue of flame from a candle.  It is a soothing presence.  There is something primal about it.  I notice the further from the flame a particular spot is, the less it is illuminated.  Nevertheless, the fire is seen from every part of the room.  It is omnipresent.  How is it that this one point of light is able to overwhelm the darkness?  One would think that sheer the volume of the night would engulf and consume the light.  Yet, the light pierces through the darkness.  It is no contest.  The light is stronger than night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...