Sunday, July 16, 2017

Shorties: Number 7

Allen felt each touch. Phantom sensations continued to tantalize him. Her perfume filled his nostrils as he moved about the room. Her whispers etched lines into the synapses of his memory. He wanted to wear out the grooves. Excitement overwhelmed his senses. Dreams have never been so real. 

He loved her. Allen had no other conclusion. The cherub that descended from heaven to visit his dream had his heart. She returned to paradise holding it as a promissory note. As a result, he had to find her. 

His mind strained. For such an indelible mark that would forever haunt him, he never saw her face. As Allen replayed the dream, he rewound the scene and searched for a glimpse. Could he locate a millisecond of time when she was in a mirror? Anything? 

No, her face was hidden. She purposely veiled her beauty. Perhaps her heavenly glory was too much for mere mortals. Was it out of compassion she spared him? Nonetheless, Allen knew in his soul there would be another meeting. But when?

How can the impossible happen? Was there a region beyond time and space where the two could commune? Be there a state of the heart where they would meet? She had his heart but could she read his thoughts? 

Still trying to escape the veil placed on him, Allen called to heaven to send his message. Oh beauty, know my thoughts. I cannot come to you now. If it were up to me, you would always be at my side. Until our time comes, stay with my spirit and I with yours. When the veil is lifted, we will love without restraint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...