Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Pray for our Leaders

Let me preface all of this by saying this is not a political message.  Still, I have felt convicted by the following:   

I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people, for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. NIV I Timothy 2:1-4.   

Have I been praying for our presidential candidates?  No. 
Have I prayed for any of my representatives?  No. 
Have I been active in our elective processes in my life time?  Not really. 
Do I believe my brothers and sisters in Christ have done the above?  Probably not as much as they (we) should. 

I am pointing my finger at me.  If I want, at the very least, an honest person of high integrity leading this nation, it is on me to be praying for God to raise up honest people of high integrity to lead this nation.  If I want to have a peaceful life where I can live out my faith, I should not take for granted the foundation laid by our founders.  Freedom is not free.  There is a cost.  People have given their lives for what we have.  Is it too much for me to pray for this nation and our leaders?   

I am making a pledge to pray for the leaders of this nation and for our future leaders.  I will pray that God’s will be done in all that is done in America.  I will pray that God will be honored and glorified.  I will pray our leaders will execute justice and to honor and protect those who live lawfully and decently and punish those who do wrong.  I will pray they will follow the Lord and repent of any wickedness.  I will pray they will govern with wisdom for the welfare of the nation and not for personal gain or for the advantage of a few.  May God’s purposes be done through them regardless of their desire to serve Him.   

Who will join me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...