Monday, November 9, 2015

He Cares for His Own

Sovereign LORD, you have begun to show to your servant your greatness and your strong hand. For what god is there in heaven or on earth who can do the deeds and mighty works you do?
Deuteronomy 3:24

Last year it was my goal to read through the bible.  As I read Deuteronomy, I get a real sense that Moses is a bit nostalgic about his time with God’s chosen people.  He is recounting God’s acts and retelling the giving of the law.  I believe he knew his time was short and he was emphasizing to the Israelites the importance of following God’s law. 

This verse mean a lot to me right now since I am seeing God’s hand in my own life.  I won’t go into details but I have shared with my family how great God is that He has supplied some things in our lives.  We are all quite happy.  I still can’t believe the great job I have when I compare it to the last one.  I am nearing my 7th year in this job and I still have to pinch myself to be sure it is real. Meanwhile, there are possibilities of something more.

It is interesting to me that I get more out of bible reading the longer I read.  That is, reading a few chapters compared to one.  It seems to put me in the mode.  The switch finally gets flipped.  My heart is full.  There is no material thing I want.  I see a God who is beyond comprehension.  He is a God who cares for His own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...