Monday, April 13, 2015

Things I've Learned



I'm told these are quotes from Andy Rooney.  I feel they are too good not to share
 
*I've learned* *...... That the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.*
*I've learned* *...... That when you're in love, it shows.*
*I've learned* *...... That just one person saying to me, 'You've made my day!'
makes my day.*
*I've learned* *...... That having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of
the most peaceful feelings in the world.*
*I've learned* *...... That being kind is more important than being right.*
*I've learned* *...... That you should never say no to a gift from a child.*
*I've learned* *...... That I can always pray for someone when I don't have the
strength to help him in some other way.*
*I've learned* *...... That no matter how serious your life requires you to be,
everyone needs a friend to act goofy with..*
*I've learned* *...... That sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a
heart to understand. *  
*I've learned* *...... That life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it
gets to the end, the faster it goes.*
*I've learned* *...... That we should be glad God doesn't give us everything we
ask for.*
*I've learned* *...... That money doesn't buy class.*
*I've learned* *...... That it's those small daily happenings that make life so
spectacular.*
*I've learned* *..... That under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to
be appreciated and loved.*
*I've learned* *...... That to ignore the facts does not change the facts.*
*I 've learned* *...... That when you plan to get even with someone, you are
only letting that person continue to hurt you.*
*I've learned* *...... That love, not time, heals all wounds.*
*I've learned* *...... That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to
surround myself with people smarter than I am.*
*I've learned* *..... That everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a
smile.*
*I've learned* *........That no one is perfect until you fall in love with them.*
*I've learned* *..... That life is tough, but I'm tougher.*
*I've learned* *...... That opportunities are never lost, someone will take the
ones you miss.*
*I've learned* *...... That when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock
elsewhere.*
*I've learned* *...... That I wish I could have told my Mom that I love her one
more time before she passed away.*
*I've learned* *...... That one should keep his words both soft and tender,
because tomorrow he may have to eat them.*
*I've learned* *...... That a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your
looks.* 
*I've learned* *...... That everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but
all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it.*


*I've learned* *...... That the less time I have to work with, the more things I get done.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...