Thursday, August 29, 2019

Personal Update

Today makes it 16 days since my cycling accident.  I feel much better and have little pain.  It is still difficult for me to sleep though and I always wake up with soreness.

Yesterday, I had a follow up appointment with the orthopedic doctor.  While the crack in the left humerus has healed, I personally wondered if I messed it up a few days ago when I nearly fell on some stairs, the doctor said I still have to wait 4 more weeks.  Meanwhile, we are trying to schedule physical therapy for my shoulder.

On the bright side, the gash on my left hand is now about one inch in diameter.  All the cuts and abrasions on my left side and ribs are gone.  It does still hurt my ribs when I sneeze though. 

I hope to start doing some type of exercise program.  The doctor recommended a stationary bike.  I'll have to see if I can find one or if a gym has some cheap usage options.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...