Thursday, September 7, 2017

The Ember Flickered


Only recently has the ember flickered to life and the smoky residue illuminated cloudy memories within me.  Images of you.  A stirring aroma of a soul once whole with mine.  All I know is what I’ve been taught but all the knowledge compiled since the dawn of time is rubbish.  It cannot explain this glowing coal.  You are the tip of the tongue, beyond my sight, my memory and heart.  How can I know you are truly there?  With so many mysteries I don’t know to consider and so much we don’t understand, how did this certainty arrive?  I can never imagine.  My only realization is this void.  There is a constant gnawing, an eternal decay hollowing out my existence.  It only became distracted when my heart heard yours.  It must be you.  We were once together but now apart and my heart still cries out for you. 

Let me commune with you.  How I long to be with you, arm in arm.  Let us heal our desperate souls.  Oh to soothe your heart and you mine.  May we be one again and for always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...