Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Finally and Always

When I was a boy
I learned how to hate 
Punish the bad
Condemn him to fate

Doing those things
The bad boys would do
Tremors of guilt
Each time I was through 

No one could love
A boy bad as me
I look inside
Great darkness I see 

Wanting some light 
I know I don't shine 
On the treadmill
I'm toeing the line

I would love you
If you would love me
Wishing for hope
With eyes I don't see

I hate the lie 
That ruins my life
Give up the pain
Remove the strife

How well I know
The posture of pain 
Too long I've known
Life full of shame

Let the tears pour
I don't care how long
Make hidden pain
And darkness be gone

Tear after tear
Let it rinse away
Sob upon sob
Revealing the day

Hatred is wrong 
I've known that is true
Hating yourself 
It only kills you 

(c) August 2017
Duane Windell Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...