Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Shorties: Number 39

This is an excerpt from my story, On To The Past.


I lay there with my eyes closed.  Part of me still didn’t believe this was possible.  I wondered if someone would yell, “Smile!  You’re on Candid Camera!”  Nevertheless, I began to relax and focused on specific things of that time and place.  Slowly, I could feel myself drifting.  It was as if I was falling asleep. 

Then there came a sensation that is hard to describe.  It was like a soft rain.  Like warm raindrops softly splashing upon me, I could feel tension washing away.  I was floating, traveling but I wasn’t moving.  The world moved.  It was as if the universe moved at my command.  My mind willed and it obeyed.  More drops fell and it was as if I was being washed away.  Bit by bit, I was going away.  Not me, my flesh was leaving me.

Was it really my earthly body that was leaving?  I retained my spirit and it was infinite.  Great mysteries of the universe suddenly seemed common knowledge.  It was as if without a body, I was free to do all things unencumbered.  Human flesh greatly restricts all that is possible.  It is a governor that squelches all the possibilities that we truly are. 


I reveled in that moment, that eternity, for it was both.  I was all time.  I was a split second, a flash.  I was eternity.  It was pure energy.  There were colors I’d never seen before.  The veils of my eyes were removed and visions danced across.  I can’t say they danced before my eyes or across my vision.  It was more than that.  They moved by, around, and through me.  But the colors, oh, the colors.  Hues never seen by human eyes.  There is no way to describe them but the brightness and clarity are unsurpassed by any seen on earth.  It is like at one time only seeing black, white, and grays and suddenly seeing color.  There are no words for it. 


Slowly, I descended back to reality and back into the facade that is the human body.  Our bodies are mere housings to our spirit.  Once we can glimpse beyond the veil, we are forever changed.  As human consciousness began to return, it seemed that I was cold.  However, it isn’t that I felt cold.  I believe it was more so that after feeling the warm “raindrops” and being in such an ecstatic state of being, the only alternative was to feel cold.  I was back in the real world.  But in which world was I?  In what time? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...