Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Shorties: Number 31


Imagine a 13 girl who was kidnapped and held against her will.  She is forced to have sex 8-10 times per night.  Sex trafficking is scourge upon this planet.  It is the fastest growing organized crime in the world.  There are so many things that could be said but I want you to see into the eyes of one trapped in this world.  Imagine her thoughts:

 

Fear and disbelief.  That’s the only way to describe the first few days.  My friend and I were walking home when a van pulled up and asked for directions.  The man seemed so genuine.  We stood at a distance and my friend gave the directions but the man kept saying he couldn’t hear her.  Finally, we stepped closer.  It all happened so fast.  The door slid open and two men jumped out and grabbed.  We both screamed but, in an instant, we were pulled to the van.  The man who grabbed my friend held a hand over her mouth, muffling her screams. The one who had me punched me in the face two times.  I was stunned and couldn’t do anything else.  I was just limp.  Then his voice filled me with dread.  He said, “If you don’t shut up, I will personally kill your family.  I know where you live and it will be easy, so shut up.”

The first night, we were together.  As scary as it was, we had each other.  We both cried a lot.  Being together helped us get through it.  When they made us take off our clothes.  We both cried as they looked at us with hungry eyes.  I was filled with fear.  Would we be raped?  Not raped by these guys but they touched us.  My skin crawls thinking about it.  It was a game to them.  They laughed as they rubbed themselves against us.  So disgusting!

The night I lost my virginity cannot be blocked from my mind.  Chained to a bed and drugged, I still knew what was happening.  I hoped I wouldn’t feel anything.  I can’t stop feeling it.  It makes me feel like putrid garbage.  I can’t get images out or my head. 

I’m so helpless.  It seems just a few days ago all I cared about was how many people followed me on Snapchat and Pintrest. God, I just wish this nightmare was over but I have no hope of getting out of here.  I’m chained or locked in a room.  The girl I’m with now has been here for more than a year.  She doesn’t talk.   She often screams in her sleep.  It scares me so.  They are just horrible.  Since, I’m chained to my bed and drugged, I can’t do anything. 

When she does talk, she talks about girls who were here that committed suicide.  She has told me about 32.  Are there really that many?  I don’t know.  But I wonder what they do with the bodies.  Are they buried?  Do their parents ever know what happened?  May she didn’t have parents who loved her.  Mine loved me and I love them.  What if I never see them again?  I am just another nameless, faceless piece for them to satisfy themselves.  I think I’ve had some guys choose me again.  I’m not positive.  I’m getting better at blocking it all out.  The drugs help.  I’m just letting them do their work.  I’m not getting out of here anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...