Saturday, March 19, 2016

Enticing: New Beginning

Given Sarah’s admission, Keith felt stronger than expected.  Perhaps he was being guarded.  Perhaps, it was merely that he was taking a methodical approach.  Still, it didn’t hurt like he feared it would.  With step one complete, it was time to move on.  

“I don’t’ want to know who he is.  All I want to know is do you love him?”

Tears welled up in her eyes but she fought against them.  Keith tried to gauge what the tears meant.  Was she sorry for what she did or that she got caught?  Again, she was silent.  Her only sound was her sniffling nose.  Did she really have to consider if she loved this other guy?  Keith wondered, “Does she love me?  We haven’t used that word yet but does she love me?”

Finally, Sarah said, “No, I don’t love him.  I don’t really know why I did it.  I was being stupid, that’s for sure.  I do know that I’d rather be with you.  I suppose that isn’t possible now and I don’t blame you.  I completely understand if you never want to see me again.”  

She seemed genuinely repentant.  Keith believed it worth trying to continue the relationship.  “I’m willing to continue a relationship with you if you are.  If it was truly a onetime mistake and you won’t do it again, I’m willing to try.  I believe you are worth it.”  

Tears began to flow down Sarah’s cheeks as she leaned into Keith’s shoulder.  “How can you love me?  How can you after what I did?”

“I just do.  When I look at you I don’t see what you did.  I see what’s best in you.”

“Oh Keith, I love you.  I can’t believe you are giving me a second chance but am so grateful”. 

Upon hearing Sarah say, “I love you.” Keith’s spirit soared.  Taking her into his arms he said, “I love you, too.  We can make this work.”  They hugged and kissed and savored the moment. 
Upon reaching his apartment later that night, Keith texted James that his brother was correct.  James replied, “So ya sent the wench packing?” 

“No, we’re gonna make it work.”

“Are you on crack?”
“She cheated on you”

“She is genuinely sorry”

“So?”

“Shes not gonna do it again.”

“You dont no that”

“No 1 nos anything”
“I think shes worth it”

“I think your crazy”
“Once a cheater always a cheater”

“I appreciate you letting me no what she did but this is my decision.”
“Are u still my friend or not?”

“Yes but I WILL say I told you so when she cheats again.”

“Thx”
“You wont have to.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...