Thursday, December 24, 2015

Paradise Part 11



September 27, 20XX

 

Mr. John Doe
123 Main Street
Any City, US  12349
Dear Mr. Doe,
Thank you for your letter to our Chief Executive Officer, David Patterson.  I have been asked to respond on his behalf.  I am sorry to learn of the problems you and your wife encountered on your anniversary trip to Hawaii.  Happy anniversary to both of you!
Let me assure you we are in agreement of the importance of taking care of our customers.  I once heard it said that if we don’t take care of the customer, someone else will.  Therefore, we believe it vital to use customer feedback like yours to gauge the quality of our service and to make improvements where necessary.  Please know I have forwarded your letter to the appropriate areas for further review.  We do not want similar experiences in the future.
Given your long history with us, I am sure you have had schedule changes before.  Nevertheless, the time and manner in which your concerns were handled is disturbing.  We expect helpful, courteous service from our people and I am sorry to learn from your letter a supervisor was needed to obtain a more acceptable itinerary. 
I can certainly understand your disappointment with the multiple delays you and your spouse experienced.  Your time is valuable, and operating on schedule is equally important to us.  In the process of providing air service over many different routes each day, we sometimes encounter mechanical problems, adverse weather, and other unavoidable interruptions.  These are situations faced by all airlines and no carrier can guarantee that all flights will depart and arrive as planned.  I would like to stress the safety of our passengers and crews are our first priority and we do not dispatch aircraft that are not airworthy.  You mentioned your frustration at seeing unused aircraft in Los Angeles.  I hope you will understand we are often able to use such planes and am sorry to learn from your letter one was not available. 
I can only imagine how you felt when you learned your baggage was delayed.  That it was delayed the extra days you mentioned and your need to claim them yourself is disappointing.  Please know we have a task force specifically charged with reducing mishandled baggage.  Your feedback should be invaluable.  I trust your next trip will be an improvement. 
We hope you will understand we do not refund tickets when travel is completed.  Therefore, I must respectfully decline your ticket refund request.  Nevertheless, we will reimburse the expenses you incurred due to the luggage delays.  A check is being sent under separate cover and should arrive within 10 business days. 
In the interest of goodwill, I have enclosed $XXX.XX vouchers which may be used toward future travel.  Also, I have deposited additional miles into your frequent flyer account. They may be used for mileage upgrades or other travel options. 

September 27, 20XX
Mr. John Doe
Page 2

Again, thank you for writing.  We appreciate the loyalty you have demonstrated over the years and want you to know it is a two way street.  We look forward to serving your future travel needs. 
Sincerely,

 

Robert Baxter
Executive Assistant
Enclosures

No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...