Thursday, October 8, 2015

The Bedspring from Hell

This is just a silly story

When I was single and out on my own for the first time, a friend of mine gave me a bed to use since I didn't have one yet.  She said the only problem was that there was a spring coming through on one side.  I thought a springy bed was better than sleeping on the floor.  I was grateful and thanked her for the bed.  

Little did I know that this was the spring that was sent on a mission from Satan himself  Since the spring made a small hole on the opposite side of the big hole, I put a towel over it.  I made the bed and went to sleep looking forward to a night of relaxing, blissful rest.  

The beast had other plans.  It sat there, biding its time.  It plotted and planned until the precise moment when I would roll over onto it.  I lay there drifting in the highlands of my mind when it happened.  

I rolled over onto the spring.  The spring stretched its entire length to maximize the penetration it could make into my body.  Like the whalers of long ago, I was harpooned in the backside.  I let out yelp and sprung (no pun intended) out of bed and lay on my stomach so I wouldn’t bend or break the skewer that I knew was protruding from my buttocks.  

Visions of emergency room doctors and nurses passing out at the sight of the hideous spear flashed through my mind.  I mourned the fact that I may never run again let alone walk.  I might not even be able to sit properly.  

As I lay there moaning, my roommate walked in the room.  

“What are you doing on the floor?”  he asked.

I figured he must be half asleep and, therefore, blind.  How could he miss such a large spring sticking out of my butt.  

“Dave, the bed stabbed me.”  I said.  

“Where?”

“What do you mean where?  It’s right….”  I looked behind me.  There was nothing there.  That crafty spring had made its way back into the bed without anyone seeing it.  My roommate snickered, rolled his eyes, and went back to his room.

Though I vowed to never be harpooned like that again, there were many more nightly contests with the evil bedspring.  Fortunately, I have lived to tell the tales.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...