Tuesday, December 9, 2014

An Evening in December

As I wait here on the evening in December
I remember how it felt to be a child
This old house still feels the same
all the family will be here in just a while

I hope dad gets here first to build the fire
He's the only one who has that special touch
Then my sister with her kids
and my grandma who I love so very much

Sometimes out on the road it gets so lonely
Cause I miss those special people I hold dear
Though our calendars are full
at least for this one night we'll all be here

How the children love this evening in December
While the smallest ones are playing on the floor
There's a warmth I can't explain and
I feel the love of those who've gone before

Keep the fire burning here
until we all come back next year

and I'm glad we're here together
on this evening in December
We'll watch the falling snow and
hold each other close
I'm so glad we're here together
for an evening to remember
On this night
on this December night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...