Monday, September 28, 2020

Like a Log


 

I remember visiting my grandparents once when I was about 5 years old.  When I awoke in the morning, grandma was busy making breakfast and everyone was talking and sipping coffee.  She asked me how I slept.  I don’t remember how I answered but asked her how she slept.  She replied, “I slept like a log.”  I thought this was funny.  

 

The next morning when I awoke and went to the kitchen, I asked grandma how she slept.  She said she slept like a log and then asked how I slept.  I said I slept like a hog.  

 

I still wonder why she said this.  I should have asked when I got older.  I think I should start using this phrase to describe nights of deep sleep.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...