Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Empty Nester

Empty nester is a phrase used in English to state there are no more children living in the house.  Like when baby birds leave the nest and fly off to make their own lives, so must our children go and be on their own.  In just a few days, my youngest will begin living in her own place.  It just so happens she is turning 25 on October 2nd.  

If she could have afforded it I know she would have moved out a few years ago.  She is ready now.  She has confided to us some fears but she is ready.  I must admit it is finally sinking into my heart.  All my babies are on their own.  It is funny how your heart never knows what it has until it is gone.  Or if things drastically change.  I am a very blessed man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...