Friday, December 13, 2019

This Morning’s Dream


It was an odd one but they seem to be the ones I remember anymore.  Here it goes….

I dreamed my alarm didn’t go off and I awoke to see the time.  I couldn’t read the clock so I grabbed my phone to check the time.  I couldn’t see the time on it either.  Then I noticed it wasn’t the phone I currently use.  (iPhone 8 Plus)  It was an iPhone 4S. 

I got out of bed with the phone in my hand.  By this point, I somehow knew it was about 20 minutes before my shift started.  I went to take a shower.  My wife and daughter renovated the shower, (I don’t know how I knew that.  When did they get those skills?) but the shower curtain was missing.  I decided to skip bathing and left for work. 

I guess it is good I remembered to put on clothes.  I’ve had dreams before where I didn’t do that. 

While driving to work I have car problems and I go to a place to get it worked on.  By this time, I’m late for work but I haven’t notified anyone yet.  Something happened while I was at the shop with the car but I don’t remember.  I decide to call work to advise I would be late.  P answered the phone and I tell him what was happening.  (He was at work today and I told him my dream.  He laughed.)

I start walking around outside and I see Amal (if you don’t know, she is a character from a book I published).  I knew I missed her and wanted to talk with her.  While talking, a large group of children start walking around.  It was like school let out.  Somehow I knew they were all foreign kids.  Then two walked up to us and started speaking Spanish.  I replied and asked them something. 

Then the alarm woke me.  Too bad Amal and I couldn’t finish our conversation. 

1 comment:

  1. No wonder it was Friday 13th.. I rated your novel (Blind Horizons) on Goodreads.
    Merry Christmas, my friend.May God bless you and your family ..Amen to that
    Be happy ..

    ReplyDelete

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...