Thursday, May 24, 2018

Rumination



Inaudibly, a voice inside calls.  A long forgotten tongue crying out from the darkness of my soul. 

Probing, seeking, calling

Give life, redemption,  abundance, entirety, and increase
not  shortcoming, scarcity, destitution, want and loss. 

Altered time, spent milliseconds, bogged lightning. 
Confusion and despair reign.

I must dig deeper.   

A chance intersection with another and the essence of their light and dark flashes across mine.
Recognized agony triggers the evidence of our connection. 
Quickened expectancy
Electric delight
Temporarily water the desert of my soul.

Drops of life evaporate fueling the fires of madness and despair. 

Oscillations  of contentment and tribulation.
Is there an end? 

I scrape still at the promontory wedge separating me from life, redemption and peace. 

© May 2018
Duane Windell Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...