Sunday, January 14, 2018

The Bird of Hope

Sorrow fills me
I see such pain
To live and be
Without a stain
 
Without a life
With our eyes blind
Against the knife
Never to find
 
The hope I crave
Away from death
My soul to save
A lifesaving breath
 
Let the bombs fall
Let bullets fly
And break the wall
I’ll tell you why
 
During the blast
She flies away
Madness be cast
And rules the day
 
Carnage rolls on
Mankind doth weep
Yonder the dawn
Take hold and keep
 
Above the din
Hope reigns supreme
Always has been
The light to gleam
 
Take hold the gift
Clasp in your hand
Let spirits lift
There, life is grand
 
© January 2018
Duane Windell Phillips
 
Though she may flee when man’s destructiveness reigns, the bird of hope always returns and sings sweet melodies.  In spite of the darkness in this ember on which we live, there remain hope, faith and love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...