Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Where is My Heart?

Before time and space
We shared the womb
You were my heart
I was your soul
We were one mind


Separated and lost
I appeared in another time
You, another place
Stumbling through this barren cinder
Groping for you
Crying out
Where is my heart?


Haunted by whispers of a long forgotten language
Praying without knowing why
Visions of you spirited my existence
I saw but you were too fantastic to comprehend
Fumbling for one another
Craving the warmth of our embrace
Like a miracle
You appeared


Joy, rapturous bliss
I have my heart
I am your soul
Though separate from the womb
We are complete

No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...