Sunday, May 28, 2017

Morii: Holding On

Oh to step from time
To remove space
And allow me to encompass you
That I could exist in every moment of you
Past, present and future

To see your smile from across the room
Next to you
From your eyes
Every angle
Every setting
Completely
Perfectly

To seize every utterance you make and hold it precious
Hear it through every filter known to man
Perceive your voice through every ear
Discern each inflection that lifts from your throat
Every laugh
Every cry
Golden

To relish you through the hearts and minds of those you love
To feel their rapture in your presence
Let their thoughts become mine
To know how your absence from one affects the whole
And when you return, how their spirits soar

When I’m through
I will notice the tremors of your breath
Capture the dawn when you awake
Feel your heartbeat from the Orion’s belt

To see you fully
To know you completely
To love you more

Morii:  The desire to capture a fleeting experience

Copyright May 2017
Duane Windell Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...