Thursday, October 27, 2016

You Across the Bridge

Once we had a bond
I enjoyed you
You enjoyed me
Now I see you across the bridge
 
Smile, laugh, cry
Nothing broke us
Then the day came
When I saw you
Across the bridge
 
You’ve run away
With a different crowd
What have I done?
Why did you go?
I see you across the bridge
 
Have I offended?
I apologize
Did I go too far?
I will refrain
Will you forgive?
 
I see the match
And smell the flame
Smoke burns my eyes
Through the tears I see
You across the bridge
 
Time moves on
I see our past
It makes me smile
Though my friend is
You across the chasm
 
(C) Duane Windell Phillips
October 27, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...