Sunday, September 11, 2016

From Shore to Shore





Shore to Shore
 
Children play by the edge
A ribbon of water streaming between
Tadpoles flit about
Minnows dart from short to shore
A step across and they are joined
To enjoy their fun together
 
Across the lake they go
Motorboats, canoes and kayaks
Waterski and wakeboard
One starts here, the other there
From shore to shore
In the middle they enjoy
And share their lake together
 
I see the sunrise
You see the sunset
Both a vision to behold
Separated by oceans wide
We soak them in
From shore to shore
Separately we share
The connection of the beauty we see

Duane Windell Phillips
Copyright September 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...