Monday, September 26, 2016

The Land of Oz



When you’re in the Land of Oz
don’t forget to try the spas
The spas really are a work of art

you should go and take your part.

The spas are warm and full of wonder
but you rarely hear about the blunder
They keep it hushed they keep it low
They don’t want the world to know


The day they added the wrong stuff
that’s all I’ll say, you’ve heard enough
Seems the man, he couldn’t read
tis the reason for the deed


He dumped in a vat of…
I almost gave the name of
you almost got me
it was a chemical and we’ll let it be


The people hollered and cried
but don’t you worry, no one died.
Confusion there was to say the least
It was many hours before it ceased. 


Patrons were mad like a smelly old skunk
The owners knew they were sunk.
Tabloid articles filled their mind
til they met a Dr. kind


The burns weren’t bad and healed right away
Not much later they began to say
People looked younger, thinner and tanned
This was a miracle that wasn’t planned

The people raved and wanted more
Now they keep the acid in store
There I said it look what now?
I hope the owners don’t have a cow

They add a little at a time
Just enough to makes you fine
You’ll see the benefits outweigh the risk
If you don’t think so well....tsk tsk


So remember

When you’re in the Land of Oz
Don’t forget to try the spas.



 
(C) Duane Windell Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...