Monday, October 5, 2020

Seasons of Life: Summer

 

Since I was a sophomore in high school, Autumn has been my favorite season.  I firmly believe I am in the autumn stage of my life.  Yesterday, my youngest son and I were able to chat about different things and I mentioned this to him.  He seemed genuinely surprised to hear me say this.  As a result of this discussion, what follows are some of my thoughts about the four seasons of life.  

 

For spring, I suggested it was filled with furious activity.  In many ways, summer is too.  However, the focus here is on the parents of the little ones.  They are building a life together.  They are building for their future.  As any parent, especially a mother, will tell you, there is constant motion and a moment to rest, take a nap, or relaxing hot bath is a blessing. 

 

Spring is about growing but it is something that just happens to babies and children.  They will grow and learn without their individual persistence.  In the summer season of life, you are growing with purpose.  When it comes to children, you should have a goal as to how your children will be as adults.  As a shared with my son, at the minimum, I want my kids to positively contribute to society.  Of course, I expect and want more but that is the minimum.  When it comes to children, parents must use the summer season to grow their children into a fully grown harvest. 

 

It is during this time of life wise parents begin preparing for retirement.  While most of the money earned goes toward everyday needs, a percentage should be saved for the future retirement.  

 

In a nutshell it can be said like this:  Summer is a time to tend the fields in hopes of a bountiful harvest to come. 

 

Next up, autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...