Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Shorties: Number 57


A level above, I saw her, with the wind pulling her dress.  Narrow and to her ankles, the thin fabric drawn across her lithe frame, she was the silhouette of a goddess.  Delight illuminated her countenance.  I was captured, captivated.  Surely, Aphrodite paled in comparison. 

With uplifted hand, she pointed across the harbor and her ladies in waiting followed the gesture as they fawned over and about her.  Recognition and acknowledgement proffered excitement prompting me to glimpse the scene of her illumination.  Magnificent structures and sea fowl of every kind filled the horizon.  I returned my eyes to this heavenly creature.  Her gaze fell to me and our eyes locked in recognition of another soul. 

My heart jumped.  Like the gusts tugging her garment, I longed to, likewise, rush to her.  Oh that I could wrap my arms around her in warmth.  To give her delight, love.  Then her tresses fell, obscuring her vision and interrupting the spell cast upon me.  Still in awe, I observed her turn of head and delicate fingers pulling the locks behind her ear.  There she remained, looking about the harbor.  Alas, obligations called me onward. 

Her visage remains seared upon my memory.  She stood, gazing about with gusts pulling the dress across her form, revealing the curve of her hips and breasts.  She was regal and altogether lovely.  Surely, she was fearfully and wonderfully made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...