Sunday, October 29, 2017

Bad Girl

When my kids were little, the two girls shared a room and bed.  There is nearly 3 years of difference between my girls.  The oldest daughter had, and still has, moments of care and tenderness to her siblings.  She also had other moments. 
B has a way of pushing buttons and loved to push buttons belonging to her sister, L.  I found out after the fact but B used to take L’s favorite stuffed toy dog, Cupcake, and torture it.  I suppose it is better said B tortured L with what she did to it. 
I didn’t know what was happening until I was in their room one day and saw the ceiling fan spinning wobbly.  I asked what happened.  L, suddenly working up the tears, told me B called her to the room.  She enters the room and Cupcake is tied to and hanging from the ceiling fan.  Once L saw her beloved toy hanging from the ceiling fan she got upset.  Then B turned on the ceiling fan.  She became frantic watching her favorite doggie spinning around the room.  
Another thing B liked to do was throw stuffed animals belonging to L and her little brother, W, into the ceiling fan while it was spinning.  She laughed as it would fly to different parts of the room every time one was thrown into the fan. 
One other thing to share is this:  B liked to talk to L after they were in bed and it was time to be quiet.  Their bedroom was on the opposite end of the hallway from ours.  Still, we normally heard some sort of commotion going on in their room.  I’d find myself getting up and walking to their room to tell them to be quiet and go to sleep.  I’d walk into the room and, from the light from the hallway, I’d see B with a devilish smile on her face as L tries to snuff out her giggles. 
I can’t tell you the number of times I’d return later only to find B crawling on the floor and looking at me with a shocked look on her face.  Was she really surprised to see me?  At the time it made me laugh (It still does.) but I had to stifle the humor I saw in the situation. 
When you have four kids, you find yourself continually challenged and entertained.  Let’s face it, if you have children, you don’t need television.  They continually do something to occupy your time.  We are still entertained as we relive these moments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...