Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Transcend

Approaching the dark door all will enter
Across the waters of an endless horizon
Life’s ominous clouds loom large
What is future when your clock reaches zero?

Alone and fearful you entered life
Through a transforming portal of love
Love alone sustains, nourishes, enriches but
Full sails carry you ever onward, always forward

Did the angels morn your departure to earth?
Be their hearts like mine, they sobbed torrents

I despair to help you pass the threshold
But alone you must go to the light beyond
Hold you I will, care I do, love you always
Now transcend the gate to Him who waits

© Jan 2020

DWP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Munich and Romania

This is the first of a multi-part series based on my observations from a recent Eastern European trip my wife and I took. In each I will sh...