Saturday, February 13, 2016

The Big Move

16 years ago today, I moved from Lake Worth, FL to the Atlanta, GA area to start a new job.  How well I remember getting into the car that cool morning.  Everything within me fought to stay.  My wife and I made the choice about a month earlier.  We prayed about it and sought counsel.  We believed this was the step to make but a decision and an action are two very different things.  That morning was the first price I paid to make the move. 

I remember being a little fearful of the unknown.  I also had some trepidation at not knowing how often I would see my family.  I hoped it would be every weekend but I wasn’t sure at that moment.  Finally, how long would it be before we sold the house and the family could also move?  

I thought about the plant I purchased for my wife a couple weeks before.  A smile came to my face.  I gave it to her saying it was a way for her to remember me.  It was dead a couple days before I did the big drive.  I still like telling that story.  What are you trying to say, honey?

I look back now and acknowledge God knew what He was doing.  I know we were comfortable in Florida but we all needed to grow.  I still need to after 16 years.  Kids here get their license to drive at that age.  Then they really start growing.  Maybe we will “really start growing” now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Leaders

Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right.  ~  Abraham Linc...